QUALITY ASSURANCE PRACTICE POLICY
The Lockswood Dental Practice is a Denplan Excel Accredited Practice, a prestigious award that provides a visible sign that our commitment to quality of care, treatment and service that we provide is among the best available. Our practice not only meets, but even exceeds standards of clinical governance, statutory requirements and industry best practice recommendations.
Our Quality Assurance Policy is based on a consistent Statement of Principles outlined below. Opening our practice and procedures to regular independent monitoring alongside our commitment to clinical audit ensures that we continually monitor and improve the quality of care provided
We operate a system to ensure that:
Patient views are listened to:
- We care how our patients feel and think about the practice and listen to, and act upon, their views and opinions. We actively seek feedback from our patients using our own and independent patient satisfaction surveys conducted through Denplan.
- We offer other methods patients can use to give feedback, who have not been given the opportunity to participate in a survey.
- We discuss patient feedback and ways of responding at staff meetings.
- We support patients in understanding the treatment and options available in order to maximise their involvement in decisions about their care.
Effective measures of infection control are used:
- All our procedures are regularly reviewed to ensure that they comply with the latest national guidelines
- Our staff receive regular training in cross infection and undergo continuous monitoring to ensure these standards are met.
All legal requirements relating to Health & Safety in the workplace are satisfied:
- We carry out regular inspections of the premises and equipment used
- We regularly review all our Health & Safety policies to ensure that they are in line with current guidelines and legislation
All legal requirements relating to Radiological Protection are satisfied:
- Our x-ray equipment is serviced on an annual basis
- We take every care to ensure that the quality of radiographs are produced to minimise the risk of repeat x-rays
Any requirements of the General Dental Council in respect of the Continuing Professional Development of dental practitioners and other clinical staff are satisfied:
- We fully adhere to all professional standards as set out by the General Dental Council to ensure our skills and knowledge are forefront in the provision of the most up to date in dental and customer care techniques.
- All our staff receive regular training on infection control, relevant aspects of radiation protection, CPR and medical emergencies.
- The dentists, hygienists and dental nurses participate in Continuing Professional Development each year to ensure high standards are maintained.
All our dental nurses are fully qualified or currently training on an approved course.